Current & Upcoming Exhibits
We feature exhibitions juried by distinguished curators, artists and art educators. A typical season includes:
- Open shows for all who seek to display vivid and imaginative paintings, sculpture, drawing, ceramics, photography, and the avant-garde
- A renowned Artist Members Show
- Awards, scholarships and prizes worth over $10,000 given annually to artists of merit
- Student exhibitions of award-winning art
- Theme Shows that bring diverse talents together
- A registry of artist members' credentials and artwork
September 21st through October 31st
Members of the Essex Art Association may rent the gallery from mid-September through the end of October to host their own shows. Please email EssexArtCt@gmail.com for pricing, availability and specific details.
Picking Up Artwork
- No works may be picked up prior to or at the Opening Reception for any show.
- All works may be stored at no charge during the season and retrieved on the regularly
scheduled pick up and receiving days – or during regular gallery hours.
- Works left at the gallery after September 20th will incur a $15.00 storage charge.
Special arrangements for their retrieval must be made by calling Betty Holcomb.
- Gallery sitters for tenant show cannot and will not, under any circumstances release works in storage from EAA show